Forum Topics SOL bids for PPT
Solvetheriddle
9 months ago

When i saw this headline i thought i was in another universe! what are SOL thinking! they are supposed to be the smart guys. then i read the release.

going back a bit PPT bought Pendal, and knowing both businesses reasonably well, i thought this will be interesting (not in a good way). no way am I touching this one. It's a cage match there can only be one--in real life lol..

and so it was, lots of issues.

however the SOL bid is quite smart. they want the corporate trust and wealth mgt biz. good solid operations. they will pay with scrip so get the arb there. SOL plans are then to float the "mess" back on the market, so you get shares in SOL for WM/CT and a relisting of the asset management biz. on the surface makes sense for SOL and maybe the shareholders. I suspect a big fight here, Rob Adams just built this thing he will not go easily, imo.

thats my read could be wrong

disc hold BKW

thunderhead
9 months ago

SOL is gobbling up established fundies. Not too much water under the bridge since the Milton acquisition. I sold the top on that, but maybe I shouldn't have!

Solvetheriddle
9 months ago

@thunderhead looks like here they are after the corporate trust and wealth management bz's not the asset mgt biz. which makes much more sense to me. milton was really an inside deal since they were almost family