Forum Topics 8CO 8CO New Contracts

Pinned straw:

Added 5 months ago

Some positive news to finish the week. There's a couple of new contract wins for Expense8 listed on AusTender.

* Department of Social Services ($60k for a 1month contract, likely a phase0)

* Fair Work Commission ($170k for a year, likely going live)

https://www.tenders.gov.au/Search/KeywordSearch?Keyword=expense8&submitSort=Go&OrderBy=Publish+Date&sort=

Not huge dollars but hopefully an indication that departments are still willing to onboard even if they're not mandated.

mikebrisy
5 months ago

@Hendy thanks for the update. For me, the thesis has always been less about the “mandate” and more about the customer experience and customer value. So it is very encouraging to see new departments starting the onboarding process. May there be many more to follow.

Actually, in my experience over many years, a mandate counts for little (depending on organisation culture) and organisations often find ways to work around them if they wish. I suspect the multi-headed beast of Federal Government is far from a disciplined organisation. So, likely this was always going to be about product quality, cost, and user experience.

Hendy
5 months ago

I agree @mikebrisy. Far better to have a product with a great value proposition than one that is used begrudgingly.

The GovERP deal has certainly driven adoption of Expense8 with Federal Government, with users growing from 17000 to 40000.

I'm hopeful that it has given Expese8 critical mass and that momentum may continue due to increased awareness.

I'll be watching the user numbers and new contracts closely. It's easy to spin a narrative. If users truly love it, we should see it showing up in new contracts.

Scott
5 months ago

Department of Social Services is one of the larger agencies so hopefully that is phase 0.

Also from the govt press release

"GovERP being repurposed for use by Services Australia, and any entities that choose to use it."

Services Australia is massive. Hopefully their repurposing work retains Expense8. As a bet I think it will. It is more likely that Services Australia wants to change GovERP to suit the agency rather than the agency changing to suit the way GovERP works. Services Australia is so big it might be more cost effective to. Remember that GovERP was set up to be a whole of government solution and these rarely work in Aus Federal Government. My guess is that Expense8 is such a small component in the overall system that it will remain.

mikebrisy
5 months ago

@Hendy thanks for the update. For me, the thesis has always been less about the “mandate” and more about the customer experience and customer value. So it is very encouraging to see new departments starting the onboarding process. May there be many more to follow.

Actually, in my experience over many years, a mandate counts for little (depending on organisation culture) and organisations often find ways to work around them if they wish. I suspect the multi-headed beast of Federal Government is far from a disciplined organisation. So, likely this was always going to be about product quality, cost, and user experience.