Forum Topics Companies that have been hacked
mmff
7 months ago

Hi all Strawman members

Just a quickie... my partner had previously had an account with OPTUS (cancelled 4 years ago) … Hacked....fyi when we left OPTUS we I cancelled my Credit Card & got a new one because they cancelled our service early & still expected us to pay for more than 2 months with no Service

My partner also had an account with Medibank (Cancelled 5 years ago), (…Hacked)

My partner has had numerous emails since the hack, but none between leaving & the hack

Both of these were only recently (within 12 months hacked) & we received messages from both that our details had been compromised??? 4 & 5 years later!!!

Today I noticed that I had a debit put through my new (since I left OPTUS) credit Card from OPTUS for $3.39...I phoned my bank who first asked "Was I worried about the money" I said that no I was interested in my security & they then recommend that I raise a dispute , & again cancel my credit card & get a new one...what a time to be doing it, but apart from the inconvenience, if this ISN'T a scam $3.39 really wasn't a lot to loose...

Only 15 mins after I, I already had my refund ,,,apparently not worth looking into...but hopefully I am safe in the meantime, so

Please be vigilant, please keep your loved ones close &

All have a Merry Xmas & Happy, Healthy, Safe & Prosperous 2024

Cheers

mmff