Forum Topics FDV FDV Financials

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

I haven’t had the chance to go through the quarterly report in huge detail but I gleaned that FDV was operating cash flow positive overall and in each of the regions over the last year.

they also reported a nearly 10 mil loss for the half year which was down to ?investment costs?

whilst the big picture appears to be one of a business on the cusp of the transition from loss making to profit making I haven’t had a chance to work out why they are still burning a lot of cash despite being operating cashflow positive… someone wiser than me care to shed some light?

I also intend to get to this podcast released yesterday in small caps:

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/small-caps/id1490977815?i=1000644199620

Slomo
3 months ago

Thanks for that podcast share @GazD, good to hear Shawn being consistent and focused as ever.

Agree @Solvetheriddle's comments that the final accounts in all their complexity are worth waiting for here (FDV report on a calendar year, so FY23 should be out in a few weeks).

That said, based on the 4C's they put out last week, they were Op CF & Free Cash Flow (LHS) positive for Q4 and FY23, and Receipts from Customers (RHS) have been rising nicely over the last 3 years as shown below.

However, there are multiple regions to this business each containing different sovereign risks and verticals so lots of moving parts below the surface.

It does look and feel to me like they are moving in the right direction and the recent cap raise has been enough to stabilise their balance sheet - as long as they can stay close to FCF break even, or close to it (they have $15m in the bank and no debt).

Worth remembering, they are still operating in a risky part of the market and may have been fortunate that the LATAM business has kept growing nicely and boosting EBITDA while Pakistan has gone from being the biggest and best business in their stable to a big drag on Group revenue and EBITDA.

The last couple of years have been rough for FDV but while Mgmt keep executing I'm happy to back them, especially as the current price looks good to me if you have a long enough timeframe...

Disc: Held.

a57112b7caafa103404d738e35a8be5feab734.png

Solvetheriddle
3 months ago

@GazD this is probably a cope out, but given the complex financials with this one, i usually wait for the full set of numbers to have a go at it. due late Feb

jimmybuffalino
3 months ago

I'm yet to have a proper look also, but could this be the cost of the new Iris software and the offline events they've been holding in LATAM?