Forum Topics AD8 AD8 CEO 2024 Outlook

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

Interesting to see what AD8's CEO had to say on ausbiz just after the 1H2024 results were released. It does sound positive indeed. They just need to make sure that they keep on delivering.

4c491c2db784bae487bcdb38a5af5ff8a3af72.png

fc5d922191a0289fd345621abae762d6b7298a.png

nerdag
3 months ago

Agree wholeheartedly.

Audinate is priced for perfection, and it really needs to keep delivering. There's a lot going for it, so I'm going to work very hard to avoid the temptation to trim my position.

Held (15%) IRL.

actionman
3 months ago

The main think I like about Audinate (and Pro Medicus) is they are creating an interoperable platform across multiple vendors proprietary equipment. This is somewhat similar to how Microsoft shifted the value from IBM PCs to the DOS/Windows platform back in the day to create an effective monopoly and leverage network effects (excuse the pun). The hardware then becomes a commodity. Controlling audio and video is not quite the same as a full operating system but it does make me wonder where they go with this once they are ubiquitous. Certainly owning that base software layer is a powerful position to leverage with add on capability such as AI. 

Chagsy
3 months ago

I'm not selling. It is clearly overvalued on conventional metrics but it is basically becoming a monopoly with potentially lucrative new revenue streams.

These businesses are few and far between. It is now 8% of my super and am happy to watch the ups and downs from here.

I suspect we will get a bit of a buying opportunity after the full year results due to a perceived "weaker" 1/2. This has been flagged by management due to the exceptional result achieved by the catch up post covid.

a top 5 holding