Forum Topics NVIDIA
Nnyck777
2 months ago

Hi team,

I have held RBTZ and Semi ETFs and done ok on them in the last few years. I just sold my RBTZ this morning:

Top 10 holdings for Beta Shares Robotics (RBTZ) ETF include:

NameWeight (%)

NVIDIA CORP12.3%

ABB LTD10.0%

INTUITIVE SURGICAL INC9.1%

KEYENCE CORP7.7%

SMC CORP6.5%

FANUC CORP4.2%

YASKAWA ELECTRIC CORP4.1%

DYNATRACE INC4.1%

COGNEX CORP3.8%

OMRON CORP3.3%

Top 10 holdings for Betashares Semi ETF include:

33272b36bb93f581ee7170998ecd0edf94fa73.png

Now not one to jump at shadows but……quite frankly these two tweets are examples of what is making me nervous:

2b68896a44c98bced0c4b5458ef14575fcf18c.jpegbda84dd3b9f844340824d5f3dcb65acf5589d2.jpeg

Am I wrong to be concerned?

NVIDIA has grown to understandably be an outsized proportion of these ETFs due to its meteoric rise.

if insiders are dumping stock this doesn’t bode well for Nvidia’s future share price and I am concerned about market contagion to fellow chip / manufacturing sectors.

I am really interested in others insights here.

Cheers

Nnyck777

NewbieHK
2 months ago

I am not surprised. With such an incredible run up in share prize and with a valuation of over 3T I would he selling some of my shares as well. This is not to say it won’t keep going but we are probably due some kind of 5-10% market pullback based on history.

RhinoInvestor
2 months ago

@Nnyck777 clickbait … if you look at the first one if the stock as 4x’d or whatever from 2022 then of course they are selling more in $ terms.

If you were an NVIDIA employee and your 70K stock option grants had gone to 5m what would you do … that’s life changing … I certainly would want a bit more diversity in my portfolio.

I thought the most interesting thing is that INTEL aren’t in the Top10 of the Semiconductor ETF.

That said, I sold about 1/4 of my NVDA holdings at 780 (pre-stock split and not long ago) and certainly regretting that now its around 120 (post the 10:1). Like Nancy Pelosi, post split I now have just over > 100 NVDA stocks so have been thinking about selling a covered call … June 2025 180 call is paying about $12 this morning … that’s a 10% return (before short term CGT tax on the option) in exchange for a further 50% growth in share price. You can also make around 4.80 for selling an 80 Put Option so that’s about 4% for being bearish and thinking the stock might have a third of its price cut some time in the next 12 months.

This is one of those stocks that my wife will be reading the headlines for and telling me what to do with them … her last decision was to dump Apple and they have popped about 12% in the last month since we did that and they got on the AI bandwagon as well. All part of being Trustees of the SMSF.

DISC: HELD IRL

Strawman
6 months ago

TomS
6 months ago

Question is… what happens next?

edgescape
6 months ago

Will do one better

Look at the market reaction when the press breaks the details of investments made by Nvidia in ARM Holdings, Soundhound, Nano-X imaging, Recursion Pharmaceuticals

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/nvidia-bets-ai-future-investments-204623031.html

Of all the ones I like it is Nano-X - NOT. Even if it could be a possible contender to ProMedicus in the medical imaging space, but the chart doesn't say so.

b272f637cba74fa5587e3fa400da7daf958409.png