Forum Topics Bitcoin
Saasquatch
3 months ago

A thread to discuss this evolving new epoch and investment.

Musings:

- At some point the chickens will come home to roost from our keynesian spending through government programs that are incentivized to focus on 'the here and now' because in the words of John Maynard Keynes (the man of whom are economic systems were based upon) "tomorrow we are all dead.".

Value from the future must stop being brought forward in order to become cash flow positive in our governments. Maybe we are no longer a "growth" company style country/world....

I don't think that will ever happen. Why?

Because power corrupts and our society, social media, costs, our vices and our evolved psychological weakness has us all wanting to forget about sacrificing for the future and to live in the here and now. We cannot see the forest for the trees of how bad our economic system has become.

If we don't make that hard choice then eventually a new system will take hold. This is not breaking news, read anything Ray Dalio has written or created videos on YouTube about.

PS. This new system already exists and is on the way to become bigger market cap than some of our biggest in the world

1dd6887d55000308fd7b2680c65cd71bd73fb4.jpeg

A thought piece:

If new systems adapt, if money flows out of the current system, it doesn't have to be all, it doesn't have to be zero sum, then perhaps, perhaps the inflationary solutions to profit for the companies we all invest in may be seriously affected, PEs come plummeting, unprofitable companies die by the tens of thousands, and all investing models break in a new world where when we look out the window, life is the same, but when we look at a financial statement it's very different.

If the companies we choose to invest in do not hold Bitcoin on the balance sheet, then they will not have fiat to discourse as dividends or share prices worth holding onto.

Please provide any thoughts below about my philosophical ramblings.

Strawman, you are not obligated to respond, I'd almost prefer you didn't so the group can remain open source ☺️