Forum Topics MP1 MP1 Q3 update observation

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

Megaport shared its third-quarter results this morning, and it looks like they’re holding steady (conservative take). The financial guidance shows that revenue expectations haven’t changed, but there's a small boost in their EBITDA forecast. This tells us that Megaport is managing its operations well.

In the past six months, I’ve noticed Megaport has been hiring a lot, based on their LinkedIn updates. It's early, but these new hires seem to be making a positive impact. The company is also cash flow positive, which is great to see. They’ve managed their money wisely, keeping things stable after accounting for a one-time payment from a partner.

My objective of tracking quarter-to-quarter progress isn’t to delve into the last dollar amount but to judge the direction of the business and give the company a long rope for growth. Megaport is choosing to reinvest extra cash into future growth. In a time when many companies might be cautious, they are preparing for what comes next. It’s interesting to watch a company not just survive but also set itself up for more success down the road.

Overall, Megaport’s Q3 update shows a company that knows where it’s going and is putting the pieces in place to get there. Their approach to growth and financial management is definitely something to keep an eye on.

edgescape
3 months ago

Last report from JP Morgan courtesy of Factiva - 20 Feb 2024.

Perhaps Megaport only met the estimates in the report and why it got sold off this morning. Last time I saw 192m for the Oct 23 report and now it is 195m.

Might be tracking a bit behind. Will need 50m next quarter to get to 195m for the Full year.

5c7317589b6ab4645a497fb2529e104a0ed23c.png

I'll keep a close eye on the next update which might be in the next few days.

[held]

UBS recent note:

875300eac02d5b984a951e5f0361c682716a57.png

fdf4852f8684e1e49c99e63bd1b972c66f9bce.png