Forum Topics Interesting Podcast on sleuthing
Solvetheriddle
2 months ago

Sleuthing

The boys this month take on sleuthing (again) I found this one a bit more approachable than the last effort.

The interview discusses utilising open-source content to discover stories and better understand companies.

My view is that the approach is best suited micro and small-cap investing. the time involved in undertaking this type of work also means you probably need large exposures and a concentrated portfolio in micro and small smalls to justify the effort. A bit outside my wheelhouse but interesting and understandable.

The other problem I have with this approach is that you need a reasonably large set of data and have to gather data over a long period of time to overcome sample size issues and dirty data issues. must be keen.

Interesting just the same. I must completely misuse Twitter because all i seem to get is crap.......

We are Bellingcat—Chris Waller --on the Investing by the Books podcast

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5zBjLZBHKbTjx93APNsDVi

Strawman
2 months ago

This looks interesting @Solvetheriddle -- added it to my playlist

neke86_
2 months ago

Bellingcat are the OG OSINT gods. They took what was largely the domain of Government-trained analysts and made it public (even though it was about public documentation). I send my analysts in the UK on Bellingcat training when it comes around, and it's a glimpse into how I do my stock research as well.

Haven't listened to the podcast, but do highly recommend OSINT investigation skills as taught by these guys. It's one of my competitive edges :)