Forum Topics MYR MYR Myer Holdings Ltd General Discussion
AlphaAngle
one year ago

@Strawman loved the discussion of Myer on the pod. I would point out that the earnings are for the half year and probably the PE is more likely ~10 rather than 15 (nice if price could run a further 50%) although I acknowledge this could be a cycle top for retail.

I have started trimming as it is well above my valuation and risk tolerance of portfolio allocation but expect that it will run further as valuation demonstrates time and time again it is not a timing tool.

I think its right to be wary of thesis creep with this one especially with the new distribution centre and online growth if the narrative becomes bullish I will endeavour to continue to remind myself that this was a value pick and slowly average out.

Price seems to lead narrative so interesting to see what people start saying about myer.

Strawman
one year ago

Thanks @AlphaAngle

Really looks like the deep value play has worked out nicely -- up 3x in a bit over 6 months!

AlphaAngle
one year ago

Yeah it was actually below a cash net net buying during covid at 8.6cents but I was way to timid to put in much there.

Strawman
6 years ago

I have to say, hats off on your Myer recommendation @EVplus -- an incredible return in such a short space of time. Well done!! Any other deep value tips?