Forum Topics EVS EVS FY24 Results

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

The latest set of results had a few positives, although the key issue remains -- sluggish revenue growth.

The full year results preso is here, but you're looking at a 2.8% rise in ARR and a 2.6% increase in total revenue.

Still, some positives:

• Slight increase in gross margin
  • Adjusted EBITDA (which largely strips out one-offs like restructuring and transaction costs), doubled to $1.1m
  • Industrial continues to do well -- New ARR up ~25%
  • Americas region a standout, ARR up 7.2%
  • Cut off low margin and legacy customers
  • Average revenue per site continues to grow -- up 10% for the year (gives some legitimacy to the expand part of land & expand strategy)
  • $2.5m in costs removed.

Negatives:

• Removing one-off costs, the business has a positive operating cash flow, but still heavily negative when capitalized dev costs are included.
  • Only $3m in cash on hand left
  • Big writedown in goodwill (a reflection I believe of their aviation acquisition, which was always a bid move..)

The current market cap of ~$54m compares well against total revenue of $59.4m -- at least, that is, if you think they can actually scale well and finally delivery some accelerated sales growth. And that for me is something I lost conviction on a while back..

I retain a small position, but not tempted to buy again until I see some improvement in growth.

Seymourbutts
a month ago

Good high-level summary @Strawman. I exited my position on SM some time ago now and sold all of my holdings IRL as recently as last week.

Rationale of exit was mainly around management execution (unfortunately) - that was the straw that broke my 'thesis camel's' back. I do not hold the confidence that management can get this into consistent positive operating cash flow in the near term. Yes, painfully it has taken me a while to come to this realisation.

Costs are still too high and the slowing headline revenue growth is a real concern. Don't get me wrong, there is some green shoots here, but not enough to make me want to re-enter at this stage.

Good to see an uptick in SP today, however this may be short lived if a cap raise is coming. I recall Jason being extremely confident this won't be required and they do have a debt facility available (from memory).

I'm a fan of EVS but it's a real hard slog for them at the moment.

One to put back onto the watchlist for me and revisit in late 2025FY.

Rocket6
a month ago

As predicted a few weeks ago, FY24 was a shocker. I have serious concerns about the sustainability of this business and it is no wonder they are looking for a takeover. The below is probably front and centre in criticism - they aren't growing!

d532426823e18075c05eb428dd4f7a4e060d8f.png

But if you held throughout the year, for your troubles, you get widening losses, a precarious cash position, growing debt and the continued use of bullshit metrics that do their best to veil a key cost for the business.

Outcome? Removed from watchlist.