Forum Topics Pro Medicus Ltd General Discussion
Strawman
2 weeks ago

Hi @elpaso96 -- note that the on-market buy-back for ProMedicus, which permits them to buy back up to 10% of all shares on issue, won't necessarily be acted on. It's just a capital management option that management like to have open.

For example, they announced the same thing last year but actually bought zero shares back over the period (see second page of the latest announcement). I think this was sensible, as a buy-back really only makes sense when (a) there is no better use for the capital, and (b) shares are trading below their intrinsic value. 

As such, I wouldn't rely on it to support the price. But agree it's a good option for management if they use it wisely.

twee
one year ago

It's all been said already on this one: perhaps the best company on the ASX, quality management, plenty of runway, moat, great sector, tailwinds, etc., etc., take a drink.

The only negative was valuation, but roughly 50% down from its highs PME is looking good.

Strawman
one year ago

Another great result from ProMedicus (PME). 

FYI -- if you want to attend the results call at 11am 13/2/20 (AEDT), go to this link: https://services.choruscall.com.au/webcast/promedicus-200213.html

Strawman
one year ago

Promedicus shares have dropped ~36% in the past 3 months. 

Now getting back to my fair value estimate (see my PME Report page) -- although that's built on some ambitious assumptions, and takes a 10 year view.

Having sold down a big part of my holdings at higher prices -- due entirely to valuation concerns (i think the business' outlook is as bright as ever) -- I'd love to get a chance to buy back in closer to ~$20.

Despite still having some shares, as a long-term holder I'm hoping the price will continue to drop!!   

BeTrader
one year ago

Agree, but $24 seems to be holding up well in the last month!