Forum Topics CAT CAT Catapult Group International Ltd General Discussion
AbelianGrape
12 months ago

@PabloEskyBruh

Great analogy to monarchic politics! As a CAT shareholder for several years I've been feeling like one of the serfs toiling in the (sports) field, being ground down by the onerous demands of a succession of nobles. But perhaps if our monarch can be victorious we serfs will get a slice of the spoils. Still, I suspect a lot of serfs have thought something similar over the past thousand years...

47e20b5e17d2ae0e945425f64d2d74fc9c42cc.jpeg

By the way, which castle is that? Is it Austrian? I feel like I've seen it before.

PabloEskyBruh
12 months ago

Thanks @AbelianGrape. It’s Marksburg Castle in Germany one of the many on the Rhine River that were probably used to help medieval robber-Barons clip the ticket on river commerce — best type of businesses when you can get them.

Strawman
12 months ago

Speaking of executive departures, i see Catapult's CFO Hayden Stockdale (whom we spoke with earlier this year) is stepping down.

ASX announcement here.

Ostensibly because they feel it better to have a US-based CFO and presumably Hayden didn't want to move. For what little it counts, the statement made it seem like a cordial affair; there will be a transition period, complimentary statements were provided by all involved, the new guy seems well credentialed etc. Which, I suppose, is better than an abrupt end with little explanation and without anyone else lined up.

Still, as others have said, it's not generally something you like to see.,

Worth noting, by staying until the end of May, Hayden will see 72204 performance shares vest. But i'm sure that had nothing to do with selecting his last day.. ;)

272138502dc81c40ac83a3516c3a0ed1dec658.png

AUROPAL
12 months ago

Haha it's a bit like my work. We pay our bonuses in late March and then the next week watch the resignations roll in :-)

Everyone waits until after it's been paid to announce their job move or resignation.

AUROPAL
one year ago

@Strawman surely you back out the aquisition cost in the PCP for FCF calculation? So PCP FCF is -$2.88 MUSD vs -$13.35 MUSD for current period.

Huge 25% increase is cash payments compared to only ~10% increase in cash receipts. Due to redundancy payments perhaps (too early for that?) or just massive staff increases over the period? Which they're now having to wind back.

Strawman
one year ago

oh my god -- you're 100% right @AUROPAL . How embarrassing :(

Let me fix that.

Mental note: don't post on the fly..

AUROPAL
one year ago

Will be interesting to see how the market reacts given current feelings towards cash burning companies and the big reduction in free cash flow.

AUROPAL
one year ago

Seems the market is pretty ambivalent to the results although it already ran up yesterday so perhaps overall they were seen as a beat of expectations.

AUROPAL
one year ago

@jayjayjayjay it looks like some front running of the 1H FY23 results which were released after market close, which is not a good look.