Forum Topics SP3 SP3 Spectur Ltd General Discussion
Timocracy
one year ago

Noting that Spectur is doing the rounds through some brokerage company at the moment. I haven't had a chance to take one of the calls but voicemail indicates there may some sort of cap raise on offer.

bjbart
one year ago

Not the first time

thunderhead
one year ago

So you're saying we should front run the impending raise and sell? :D

Timocracy
one year ago

@thunderhead not personal advice, but yes. Lol. I have no idea. I have a distressing recollection of being offered a great price on 4DS shares recently. If I had placed the $6k order, I think there would have been a near doubling within a few months.

Theeeeeeeeen it went south and I would have had to wipe my tears with Monopoly money instead of $100 bills.

Colflan
one year ago

Thanks for info @Timocracy, I got a voicemail from someone claiming to represent the company too. At first, I assumed it was a scam, but was a little intrigued by how they got my details. Once I realised it was above board, I listened to what they had to say. Which wasn't much, they didn't really push anything. Just called to see if I'd been following the company announcements and if I had any questions. This is the first time a company I've invested in has called me - I found it all very strange.

Timocracy
one year ago

@Colflan Very interesting indeed. My understanding it is still a third party representing the company though, yes? Would be different if the CEO left me a voicemail I think.

Colflan
one year ago

@Timocracy, definitely a third party.

thunderhead
one year ago

It's so tricky in small cap land. So many pitfalls and landmines, with something blowing up seemingly every other day.

Muddled
one year ago

Totally agree with that, I'm experiencing many more blow-ups than rockets at the moment. Lots of deep breaths here!

Timocracy
2 years ago

How many shares would get me a board seat?

I’ve pondered this for a little while. Micro/nano cap companies and taking the approach of putting in $50k - $100k at a price less than 1x sales (or 1x profits even, lol why not) and curious if that would ever be a big enough stake to take a board seat and influence the company to head in a direction that could benefit shareholders.

That is assuming the skills, knowledge and patience to do so. It’s not all about money.

Kind of like coming in as microscopic private equity. Buying a chunk of the business then helping scale so I end up with a $2bil dividend like twiggy at FMG.

Spectur could be small enough.

Thoughts?

bjbart
2 years ago

A few Straw folk could Chip in and get you on the board. Be interesting to see how it goes.

Bear77
2 years ago

In my experience, if a board had 4 or 5 directors including the Chairperson, and somebody bought 20% or more, they would likely get a seat on the board if they requested one. As a general rule of thumb, if you control half the company, you get to nominate half the directors, 20% would get you one fifth of the board, and so on. 10% of the company doesn't really guarantee anything, but if it was a large company, and it had 9 or more board members, you might get one director on the board. But that director would generally have to have some relevant experience and be seen as an asset rather than an extra head to pay fees to. But every case is probably different I guess.

bjbart
2 years ago

Out of interest, I was camping in Kakadu in the NT the other week and noticed a couple of Spectur units on remote roads. I think someone here had a knock on the aesthetics of the units. I can you that they look pretty much just like a small light pole. Quite discreet. I just noticed the sticker on the unit with the company logo on it otherwise I would’ve driven right past without noticing the thing at all. Maybe the close up photos on the website makes them look strange but in reality they’re quite nonchalant.

Foolednomore
4 years ago

A recent video with the M.D made for interesting viewing. The business is based around a platform that provides customer specific security systems. Sp3 have decided on being less aggressive in acquiring new customers from all differing sectors and become more focused. Hardware sales did stop in March but have increased steadily since. Whereas SaaS part of the business just kept growing. Low customer churn, large moat and international expansion plans. I will keep watching with a tiny starting investment to boot. Morningstar have a fair value of 0.08c