Forum Topics PNV PNV Polynovo Ltd General Discussion
Nnyck777
11 months ago

So doing my part as a Polynovo share holder today! I had a skin cancer surgeon as a patient and just casually asked about whether he uses temporizing matrix scaffolds in his work. We had a great chat. I mentioned what BTM and MTX was achieving in burns and wounds and even told him about the recent finger crush injury paper. He was very interested and asked me to write the name of the company down.

Just spreading the word one surgeon at a time.

loshell
one year ago

@mikebrisy "My first thought is, of all his potential sources of capital, given that he offloaded $PNV, what does that say about his view of the near-term propsects of the company's progression?"

Perhaps it says that other likely sources of capital are seriously in the red. Exhibit A: MVP

mikebrisy
one year ago

@loshell Yes, quite possible.

To be fair, he has pumped quite a bit of cash in over the last year, particularly seeing how undervalued it was at sub-$1. We can't have it both ways - a lot of his buying help drived up the SP and got the shorts to close out. Arguably, the SP appreciation was not justified based on the fundmental newsflow, even though my valuation is now much higher than where it stands today.

I am not unduly concerned by this. So what, we wants to spend $Xm on a US house. Probably a good time given the housing market coming off, and some premium properties in the US getting marked down. Smart timing. He's made a great return.

$PNV is getting to the point where it is the results that will do the talking. If momentum continues and expands into the next period, then this will all be noise.

That said, Director buying and selling all contributes to one's sense of conviction in a holding, and like others I can't help but feeling slightly bruised today.

Nnyck777
one year ago

God talk about an over-reaction to DWs selling. Down 14% at time of writing. The volatility and negative sentiment in this market is huge right now. There certainly weren’t 14% upswings with DW buying on a single day. He sold to purchase a house. He put so much of his own capital in over the last 12 months on market, a small sale is not a sign the sky is falling.

I sold a lions share of my private holding at $2.37 which was utter luck. I wanted to free up capital to purchase another stock. I did this never thinking I would get to buy in under $2.00 again.

This market is crazy…..those camels are looking good.

Solvetheriddle
one year ago

@Nnyck777 with all due respect, PNV has got to be one of the most volatile share prices in the market. i just scratch my head, massive up and down moves. i dont understand. good luck to all you guys. gives me the wobbles.

Scoonie
one year ago

The Chairman is a great promoter. Just go to one of his what I call "promotional videos" for PNV or the other ASX listed company he is involved in, Ratemyagent and see how he sells. He can talk the monkeys out of the trees.

Nnyck777
one year ago

God talk about an over-reaction to DWs selling. Down 14% at time of writing. The volatility and negative sentiment in this market is huge right now. There certainly weren’t 14% upswings with DW buying on a single day. He sold to purchase a house. He put so much of his own capital in over the last 12 months on market, a small sale is not a sign the sky is falling.

I sold a lions share of my private holding at $2.37 which was utter luck. I wanted to free up capital to purchase another stock. I did this never thinking I would get to buy in under $2.00 again.

This market is crazy…..those camels are looking good.

mikebrisy
one year ago

@Nnyck777 I'd certainly buy today if my position size wasn't already at the max.

I've stopped trading in and out of $PNV, and am now holding what I have. (Last time I got out was where it was $4, and I couldn't get my DCF model to go there no matter how hard I reasonably tried,... which based on history is a good indicator for me to sell.)

Rick
one year ago

I have reduced my holding on Strawman and sold all IRL, and it was one of my larger holdings IRL. It’s not that I don’t have high conviction in the product or the business. I still believe PNV has an incredible future and has potential to change the lives of millions of people around the world. The runway for growth is incredible.

The only reason I sold PNV was based on valuation. That said, I often get the valuations for high growth businesses horribly wrong. At the peak of $2.70 in February on my calculations sales growth needed to be 100% per year to return shareholders 10% per year (shareholder equity is 3 cps).

An annual growth rate of 100% is plausible, however I’d rather base my valuation on an annual growth rate of 80%. With an 80% annual growth rate you could pay $1.75 and get an annual return of 10%. An 80% annual growth rate is probable!

However, the share price looks like it is now in a downward trend and I think we are back to catching a falling knife. I got burned last time I built a position in PNV as the knife was falling.

I am keen to buy back in, however I’d rather wait until the downward trend reverses. The trend since February doesn’t look good. Today the share price fell below the 200 day moving average.

94e13adbe80a51690c602c39ae884ca4d2b274.jpeg

Disc: Held on Strawman