Forum Topics PPH PPH When do we consider PPH overvalued?
mcgeady10
4 years ago

Tithing in most churches is a non-negotiable and is a way of life. Pushpay allows this to be done without the need to tithe in the form of cash. I agree that in times like this, the interest in implementing tithing platforms like Pushpay should increase, not decrease. 

thunderhead
4 years ago

How hard is Pushpay going to be hit as a result of church congregations literally coming to a grinding halt because of COVID-19? The second order effects, especially on the older demographic who dominate churchgoing, could linger on. How are long-term investors thinking about these effects and factoring it into the valuation?

thunderhead
4 years ago

My thinking is also along those lines i.e. the digital first, digital only offering of PushPay is likely to provide some insulation. Church attendance may stall or drop, but giving through digital channels should prove more resilient than that. Net, net though, I still think it will have a significant impact - apart from the recurring payments from older, wealthier members, I wonder how engaged people will be with their church in an era where social distancing is likely to gain favour even after COVID-19 passes.

Strawman
4 years ago

I agree largely agree shivrak. There could well be some second and third order impacts, but overall the current situation enhances the value proposition of PPH's products. With large gatherings prevented, Churches will be looking for other ways to engage with their congregation. This current situation, despite its severity, will not outlast religion.

thunderhead
4 years ago

You seem to have got it right @DonWei !