Forum Topics ERD ERD Share Purchase Plan
takezo
3 years ago

Applied for 15K and was only given 588 shares. I assume it wasn't evenly scaled across the board?

Bear77
3 years ago

It looks like the ERoad SPP was scaled back based on the number of shares you held at the record date, NOT the number of shares you applied for, so most people would have received around 29% of whatever they held just prior to the SPP being announced.  They explain this in their announcement where they say, “The Board was focused on ensuring that all shareholders, where possible, received at least a pro rata allocation of shares. In order to ensure as many shareholders as possible maintained their proportionate shareholding, the Board has decided to accept a further $3.9 million of applications.”

Their intention was therefore to attempt to scale back the SPP in a way that enabled shareholders to maintain the same percentage of the company (the proportionate shareholding) that they held prior to the SPP, so it was all based on what you held before, and the $ value of what you applied for just set the maximum shares that you could receive but otherwise had no input into the scale back calculation.  Obviously people who applied for the maximum amount of shares but held only a small position prior will feel like they've been scaled back heaps more than others, but when you realise that it's all based on the number of shares you held before, it makes much more sense.

Bear77
3 years ago

On that basis - I would assume that you Hajijohn had about 7345 shares, coz 29% of that is 2130 (the new shares you were issued with), and you, takezo had about 2028 shares, which is why you were issued with only 588 new ones.  Right or wrong?

takezo
3 years ago

@Bear77 off by 12 - nicely done.

Makes perfect sense and seems like a decent approach. I guess I've just been used to other raising where they've usually scaled based on shares requested. So was a little surprised when the number was seemingly so low.

afrowest
3 years ago

Must admit the ERD SPP was a bit of a challenge as opposed to other SPP I have partipated i assume this was due to it going through Computershare NZ. To give you an indication of allocation I had 5000 ERD I applied for $20000 and got 1459 = $7732.70 ~38%

umop3pisdn
3 years ago

About the same here

Bear77
3 years ago

Yep, 1459 is 29% of 5000.

$ERD.ax SPP is the worst experience I had for all SPP I applied over years. probably because no BPAY was set up or Registry is in NZ.

My broker account doesn't show yet my allocated shares. I raised with them and they are looking into it. Hopefully, they will resolve it quickly.

umop3pisdn
3 years ago

Interesting.

When clicking in the forums tab, a post to the ERoad forum shows up which appears to be leading to confusion.

Was this always the case or did this change after the premium upgrade?

It is mighty confusing to see my responses as a premium member to non-premium members but as explained by Andrew, I understand this is a result of the premium change.

umop3pisdn
3 years ago

A quick scroll up will reveal that the post is to a specific company, but this is not immediately apparent from the forums tab.

Samudabamu
3 years ago

I was allocated 20% of what I applied for in the recent SPP - the market fomo for this one is strong.