Forum Topics CSX CSX General Discussion
Rapstar
3 years ago

Just a little scuttlebutt I received today.   

My local (regional) hospital recently purchased about 100 Halos recently.  Not sure if this is being replicated throughout NSW or not.  

Cheers,

Sean

DISC - I HOLD.

jayjayjayjay
3 years ago

I wrote an email to my hospital I work for to consider looking in to better safety equipment for staff with the Halo mask the most suitable amongst other things. If they can mandate a vaccine they should be looking in to all safety measures including better masks for ED, ICU, COVID wards etc. Given I am a nobody it probably will not go anywhere but at least it has been said. Positive if if this is true in regards to NSW. 

I do hold shares IRL and SM so I do have my own purpose and insentive but I firmly believe that all hospitals should be doing a much better job in ensuring staff safety.

bjbart
3 years ago

@jayjayjayjay as you know everything in the hospital system comes down to cost. There are too many  examples where patient care is compromised due to cost cutting, and it only gets investigated or something is done about it after a bad patient outcome (or a series of bad outcomes). And even then sometimes nothing is done. This is largely because often the executive's primary motive their bottom line. Everything else is secondary. So if you can get fairly comfortable, cheap, disposable masks as we can now, it seems unlikely to me that the significantly more expensive option will be widely available in hospitals. We now have hospital wide fit testing of N95s, so it is clear which direction management have chosen in this regard. I have used the Halo PAPRs and they're good, but where I've worked in recent times, either the hospital didn't have them, or they have a small supply saved only for intensive care staff caring for sick covid patients. I recognise my cynical bias, but its just another point of view to consider. 

AlphaAngle
3 years ago

Im being re -fit tested at my hospital due to low stock of the most effective comfortable mask (I have been tested 2 x already expect the results will be the same). Whole hospitals are moving to N95 protection rather than just critical specific areas.