Forum Topics DSK DSK Tradings Update
Rick
3 years ago

Knock me over with a feather! I was expecting a negative response by the market to yesterday’s trading result and the share price us up over 8% at time of writing???? The market must have been expecting far worse! I’m ecstatic for now, but sometimes you just don’t know what mood Mr Market will be in some days!!!

Rick
3 years ago

OK, I get the boost to the Dusk share price this morning. An upbeat report by the Chair & CEO on the FY21 results was released this morning ahead of the AGM. Nothing new, except a one liner from the CEO stating ‘given the inherent uncertainty in the market today the board do not consider it appropriate to provide full year guidance at this time’. It was noted that freight costs are up. Let’s hope the enthusiasm from today’s recap on the fantastic result last year overcomes any negative response to yesterday’s trading result. Clever timing of announcements Dusk!

Disc; Shares held IRL & Strawman

Dominator
3 years ago

I wrote up my notes this morning. I don't have much to add to your comments, Rick. Only that management look like they have done a good job preparing for Christmas by having got ahead of current global shipping issues.

On the positive side if you take the $6mil EBIT and translate that to NPAT for the year at the same run rate as the first 19 weeks I end up with NPAT of $11.7 mil. To me that's an absolute floor that can only get better because that result assumes same sales as the first 19 weeks in which around half of the population were in lockdown and doesn't include any of the peak periods of Christmas and Mothers day which have a material impact on the yearly results.

It will be important that they have a good Christmas period. Comments from management appear to indicate growth on a LFL basis since lockdowns ended which is very positive.