Forum Topics ADH ADH Scuttlebutt
Strawman
2 years ago

I agree @mikebrisy -- Adairs' acquisition of Focus on Furniture looks smart.

Double digit EPS accretive in the first full year of operation -- on a pro-forma basis & excluding any synergies.

Further, it seems a reasonable purchase price that doesn't stretch the balance sheet too much, it seems to make strategic sense, and it lies right in the centre of Adairs' core competency.

Rocket6
2 years ago

@Strawman and @mikebrisy, great discussion. For the first time in a while a retail company is looking bloody attractive to me. The 'bigger picture' and the way Adairs Limited are going about their business reminds me a lot of Aussie Broadband - perhaps not a great comparison - but they are starting to compliment their business with different segments to compliment what they already offer. Like you mention @mikebrisy. the addition of a mid to high tier furniture company is smart business, particularly noting what they have paid for it.

For what its worth, I have lived in a few states across/territories across the country and Focus on Furniture is and has been my go-to furniture store for years. I love their furniture. If you haven't tried their couches,.... seriously, you should try their couches.

Watching with interest.

Adairs had their 30% off Black Friday sale this weekend. The store I visited was very busy (on both visits) and customer service was excellent as always. Of the 2 other linen stores (Sheridan and Pillow Talk) and multiple homewares stores I visited, Adairs seemed busier than the rest. However, this could be due to the smaller floor space.