Forum Topics CGS CGS Sales vs Revenue
bjbart
2 years ago

Very good summary @Noddy74. Appreciate your work.

Nnyck777
2 years ago

Great update @Bjbart. I didn’t get to tune in. Did they provide any more figures around Knou now and the latest Cogmate potential revenues?

13% does seem like the tip of the iceberg.

Any further mention of other neuro drug treatment clinical trial targets? I seem to recall an interview with CEO discussing wider applications and cases.

bjbart
2 years ago

Hey @Nnyck777,

there was a discussion around the revenues of the healthcare sector but I was at work half listening, half working so I missed the detail of that discussion. There was some mention of other markets but I don’t think there was a whole heap of expansion on that point. But again I could have just missed it. Perhaps some others may be able to fill us in.

bjbart
2 years ago

https://www.cogstate.com/investors/investor-presentations/

here is the recording of the call for those who missed it.

Chagsy
2 years ago

@gavco

have a listen to the latest Baby Giants podcast for an in debut explanation of this.

this contracted revenue will be paid out over many years as the trials get actually run. So they have a huge indicated revenue over many years into the future

c

GavCo
2 years ago

Just wondering if someone can provide light around why first half clinical trial sale contracts ($54.5m) are significantly more than revenue (20.8m). I may be reading it wrong.

It’s possible it means these sales are contracted/booked in during first half 22 but not paid?

Thanks

527e1cea7332f1a394dadd09d6799b1cbe2462.jpeg

1ed1777abf46aef634990224ee89cf1211edc2.jpeg

Noddy74
2 years ago

Gavco, just to add to Kaboom's comment, Cogstate will enter contracts that enable use of their product sometimes many years in advance, so the $54m might include some FY21 revenue but is most likely to include future years' revenue as well. It's like a funnel - sales go in the top and revenue eventually comes out the bottom. What you want to look for is that they're continually filling up the top faster than it's flowing out the bottom. They include a slide (see below) which details what they've forward sold. The nice thing about that is it gives you some certainty of the minimum level of revenue they're likely to earn in future years and that they're likely to be a going concern for the foreseeable future.

8cbc6a584394ecc983f2d7ea1ed1e42c5d1ea4.png