Forum Topics Ray Dalio - newsletter and changing world order
Slideup
2 years ago

Not sure if peole have come across the free newsletter series from Ray Dalio, he runs Bridgewater- a large hedgefund in the US.

In his writings he is coming from a very high level macro view about the long term drivers that either cause a country to prosper or decline. A big part is how the long term debt cycle affects the worlds leading powers and what happens during the periods when a competitor emerges. I am not really using it to inform my investing but I do find it very interesting to read and a lot of what he observes makes sense to me. In the latest he is talking about how the Russia-Ukranie conflict is really just a the first warm-up battle in who gets to be part of running the world during the next cycle.

https://www.linkedin.com/newsletters/principled-perspectives-6648615071662522368/

BoredSaint
2 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted before but I thought this video by Dalio was also an interesting watch

Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order by Ray Dalio - YouTube

Slideup
2 years ago

Good one @BoresdSaint, it does give a nice overview of his viewpoints. I was looking for that video link but couldn't find it in my email anymore.

His book with the same title I thought also was very good would certainly recommend.

Timocracy
2 years ago

I'm currently in the middle of the audiobook. Was intrigued when a friend's new partner started giving some quite biased interpretations. I'm glad there is a lot more emphasis on the viewpoints being of the author and to be taken with a pinch of salt rather than what this new acquaintance made it out to be!!