Forum Topics FY23 Stock (Company) Picks
Jimmy
2 years ago

Simply for interest sake I've quickly pulled together a "Strawman Community Stock Picks 2022" portfolio with a roughly equal weight positioning on all nominated stocks with a starting purchase price for each based on the the day's open price it was nominated.

I can tell you....and I shouldn't be surprised I guess....but "our Strawman Portfolio" is the best performer so far today being up 0.51%.

If you all would like I'll continue to provide performance updates as we progress through the year?

Jimmy
2 years ago

I'll endeavour to provide an update on our portfolio performance by close of play each Friday.

18 companies invested using hypothetical p/f value of $100K all with equal weight.

Top 5 performers to date:

1 ENA +6.52%

2 LRK +5.76%

3 SGI +3.85%

4 TYR +3.23%

5 MWY +3.19%

End of week 1 performance:

Invested $100,000.00

Current Net Value $99,730.00

Variance -0.72%

Bear77
2 years ago

What opening prices are you using @Jimmy ? I recommended Swoop last weekend when they had closed at 44c on Friday afternoon. They closed at 49.5c today, i.e. they're up +12.5% for the week.

Jimmy
2 years ago

Hi Bear77

I added SWP @ $0.51 on the 16th. This may have been the pre-open price but can't be sure as I only pulled this together out of interest.. Happy to change it if you feel 51c is incorrect?

Bear77
2 years ago

It's not a major issue @Jimmy, but 51 cents was the opening price on the 16th due to a pre-market announcement Swoop made on the 16th. The opening price is a result of the pre-open auction. It was not the "pre-open" price. The pre-open price is the price they closed at on the previous trading day I would have thought (which was 44c). I posted my straw on the weekend (prior to the 16th), hence asking you what prices you are using. I would have thought you would have used the last closing price when somebody tipped a company while the market was closed (as I did). What you have done with Swoop is used the opening price on the next trading day. In Swoop's case, the difference between the two prices is actually 15.9% so it makes a difference.

Jimmy
2 years ago

WEEK -1

Top 5 performers:

1 ENA +6.52%

2 LRK +5.76%

3 SGI +3.85%

4 TYR +3.23%

5 MWY +3.19%

End of week 1 performance:

Invested $100,000.00

Current Net Value $99,730.00

Variance -0.72%

WEEK - 2

Top 5 performers YTD:

1 MAH +9.09%

2 SOM +8%

3 TYR +7.53%

4 AMX +6.38%

5 RCW +4.55%

End of week 2 performance:

Invested $100,000.00

Current Net Value $98,411.00

Variance -0.63%

There has been 1 change to our SM p/f. SWP now has an initial buy price of $0.44c

umop3pisdn
2 years ago

I'll stick with my 3 largest Strawman holdings and say:

MAM - Microequities Asset Management Group

SGI - Stealth Global Industries

AMX - Aerometrex Ltd

I think all 3 of these are set for a big year.

Timocracy
2 years ago

All with pretty decent pullbacks around June/July. What are your thoughts around heading back to those highs or shooting past them?

I am super curious what catalysts people see :)

wtsimis
2 years ago

My three top picks for 2023 in respect to outperforming when examining today's share valuation are :

Somnmed - SOM

Stealth Group Holdings - SGI and

Ensurance - ENA

Assuming the macro is still choppy the valuations of these three and prospects looking forward provide opportunity to outperform

Jimmy
2 years ago

I'll also offer up a couple of picks but like a few other members I probably haven't got the timing right.

Nonetheless I think both VHT and TYR are 2 that provide significant opportunity and (I hope) expect will outperform in the short/medium term.

Everything I was going to write in support has already been detailed in straws by members so I won't repeat what is already known but will highlight my enhanced enthusiasm for both.

VHT: the appointment of Terri Thomas as CEO has provided much needed direction and focus. Targeting breakeven in FY23 I'd expect to see a number of positive announcements over the coming months.

TYR: apart from some initial issues, the general sell off in tech and the recent resignation of the CEO there's no denying the consistent increase in transaction volumes and strong margins. The numbers are impressive and the banking license they hold only enhances their business opportunities imo.