Forum Topics ELO ELO General Discussion
AUROPAL
2 years ago

Like with Nearmap I'll be disappointed if (when) this takeover goes through as I feel this is another case of private equity picking up a business for cheap due to current market sentiment.

Unfortunately, unlike with Nearmap, this aquisition price will leave me underwater. Which is disappointing after having held this business since mid 2018.

BoredSaint
2 years ago

I too will be slightly underwater (think my buy price was around $5). I'm not overly disappointed with the takeover offer given where the share price was languishing a few weeks ago.

They did mention that there were several suitors interested in the business a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of bidding war. Today's price action probably indicates this is unlikely however.

AUROPAL
2 years ago

Given the independent board has recommended it, the two largest shareholders have said they will support it and so has the founder then I doubt there will be a bidding war unfortunately.

They must have already assessed the other offers that have been put to them and decided this one is the best.

Timocracy
2 years ago

Would be great if a takeover came at a reasonable price for one of the companies I *didn't* sell at a loss heading into the new financial year.