Forum Topics Leverage
Timocracy
2 years ago

To all you folks who use a credit facility or margin loans...

Further to being reminded of InvestSMART's "FundLater" product on a recent MF podcast with our very own @Strawman I thought I should take another look.

Personally, one of the ETF's I devote a portion of my income to is the IIGF (intelligent Investor Growth Fund) and am quite happy with that fund. While I could just go and put $10k into that ETF and let it go I think I would get restless and kind of like the idea of having an additional forced saving into a fund with the benefit of fixed interest leverage. I would still keep up my regular ETF contributions but would perhaps stop putting money into the IIGF and focus more on QUAL, FANG or NDQ.

Obviously the maths checks out that a good return from a bigger base will be better than a good return from a smaller base, hence liking this idea of leveraging without a margin call on a set and forget style strategy.

I was wondering if anybody on here has used the product, knows someone in the know, has a promotional code for signup or is also considering a similar product before I take a leap.

95b4d45dba5c1da38172d702ed1325ad002cc3.png

Cheers

Tim