Forum Topics CMM CMM Correction on broker target straw
edgescape
2 years ago

In my last straw i said 2moz reserve for karlawinda on last sentence. This should be 2moz resource. And 1.3m oz reserve.

Ie:

"As resource is over 2m Oz there is still room for further expansion of reserve."

Bear77
2 years ago

You can edit the straw @edgescape - you'll lose the 7 votes you have so far, but I (for one) will vote for it again after you edit it, and I'm sure the others will too, or most of them. I guess that's why I like forum posts more than straws - I can always go back and edit typos in forum posts without affecting the votes.

By the way, something else I've discovered is that if you delete a forum post, all replies to that forum post also get deleted, so if you did edit that straw and then delete your post above, my reply (this one) goes too, which makes sense since I'm no longer replying to anything.

edgescape
2 years ago

Correct. I didn't want to lose all those votes. We should have an option to keep or delete votes when editing.

CMM had a pretty good day today . Reckon it is short covering as probably those shorting did not account for the value in Mt Gibson project.

Bear77
2 years ago

Yes @edgescape I agree about that option, but I haven't pushed it too hard because one possible outcome of a discussion on this is that Andrew instead changes it so that the same thing happens when anybody edits a forum post, and I don't want that outcome. It would make it the same across straws and forum posts, but so would allowing votes to remain when someone changes a straw. I think that should be the default option (votes remain when edits are made) until there is some evidence that people are changing their content to say something different to what had been voted on previously. I understand the argument, but I don't see it as being a very high probability. I only ever edit my forum posts and straws to add more colour, fix a typo, correct a minor error, etc, never to change my mind and say something completely different. In all of the time that we've had forum posts, and you CAN edit those without losing votes, we have never had, to my knowledge, a single incidence of someone taking advantage of that to say something that proves popular and gets votes and then they have edited the post to say something completely different. If it has happened, I am not aware of it. And I don't think straws are all that different to be honest. I think they should be treated the same, and that edits should be allowed for straws without losing any votes. The way things are now, people might edit a straw within the first few minutes after they post it, but once it does start getting some votes, they are probably going to leave errors and typos in those straws rather than lose those votes. Which is not an ideal outcome in my view. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

I guess we'll work within whatever rules we have. And yeah, CMM did have a good day mate - they ended up +8.88% (all the eights) - and they weren't Robinson Crusoe either - There were 9 companies on my gold sector watchlist that did even better than that today!! What's more, I hold 4 of those 9, plus another 3 that all rose by more than 5% (but not by as much as CMM) today. 'Twas a very nice day to have some good Aussie gold sector exposure.