Forum Topics SOM SOM Comedy Show Anecdote
mushroompanda
one year ago

I went to see Jimmy O’Yang’s (Jian-Yang!!) comedy show in Melbourne on Friday night.

Leo Flowers (https://www.leoflowers.com/) did a 20min act to open the show. In his biggest joke, he spoke about his experience with sleep apnea. How his wife complained about his snoring and a sleep test confirmed he had sleep apnea. His severity didn’t “qualify” him for a CPAP machine but an oral appliance which he ended up getting for the princely sum of US$2300. In the morning after his first night’s sleep, he cried like a baby at the realisation of what it means to finally get a proper night’s sleep. He urged everyone in the audience to get snoring issues checked out, and heckled one audience member about their inaction in getting treatment.

I couldn’t believe my ears. It felt like he was pumping my Australian microcap at a mainstream comedy show. Jimmy ended up being just okay, but Leo made my night.

BoredSaint
one year ago

The latest Jo Koy Netflix special, Jo Koy: Live from the Los Angeles Forum, also has a great joke about CPAP machines in the first 20-30 mins.