Forum Topics Teaminvest
Rick
2 years ago

Just wondering if there are any members of Strawman who are also a member of Teaminvest, or perhaps have looked into the details/costs of membership.

I like the ‘team’ concept and always value Howard Coleman’s commentary on ‘the Call’. When you look at the performance of businesses screened by Teaminvest’s software over the past 20 years it hasn’t been too shabby compared to the ASX. Apparently, the software is only the first filter, stocks are then discussed by the team before chosen as being suitable for investment.

I believe the All Ords Accumulation Index used below includes all cash dividends reinvested on the dividend date.

fee6ba3a040958840b351b63527176ab3dfea3.jpeg

@Rick i had a session with MM a while back. then it was about $20k to join + ongoing ($5Kpa??) that i cant recall. though there is different levels of membership. having had a bit of a look at it, i believe it can be reasonably well replicated with screeens, which i have done. always interested when HC/MM are on if they concur with my view--usually close. to me it is a solid approach. and a banner for the process of following the plan (in this case -buy quality when on sale in this case) rather than the actual plan. the indepth group discussions/mgt meetings they hold could be quite valuable, which interested me. but too expensive for me. sort of like the SM site with more specific style/rigour. actually i think SM was involved at some stage. hope that helps

Rick
2 years ago

@Solvetheriddle thanks for your reply. Very useful info! Wow! $20K to join plus $5K per year! It makes Strawman sound like a bargain! I know why they suggest minimum $1 million portfolios.

I find myself agreeing with most things Howard and Mark say. It is my preferred investment style, but it’s not for everyone. For example they don’t invest in unprofitable businesses or businesses that have been listed for less than 5 years.

Onwards and upwards Strawfolk!

Cheers,

Rick

Timocracy
2 years ago

@Rick when I hear the lines those two always utter I can't help but look in the mirror feeling foolish. Having that strict rule of avoiding businesses listed in the past 5 years - plus, I'm sure other rules - to relegate companies that are less likely to be reliable on average is like the reverse of the whole "only buying founder led businesses". Process of elimination with all the dealbreakers and red flags before getting to the positives and then even further beginning to take a look at financials. Seems very sensible and I wonder if the high barrier to entry's designed as a filter for those of us who tend to piss in the wind every now and then.