Forum Topics PNV PNV News

Pinned straw:

Added 12 months ago

I'm not sure all holders here are on the DW mail list. So I am sharing the following which has just come through.

It is yet another example of how surgeons are driving innovation using Novosorb and BTM. We heard David talking about other instances in the last SM meeting.

The article can be accessed via the link ... warning: contains images not for the faint hearted!

While I am online, I attended the $AVH Q1 call this morning. Q1 pcp revenue growth was 40%. This confirms that $PNV is growing the fastest in the "peer group". (Note that $AVH is not strictly a competitor, as ReCell is sometimes used in conjunction with BTM.) I expect to see strong growth numbers in future periods from $AVH, as they have expanded their field sales organisation from 30 to 69 during the period and have received furhter FDA approvals for various indications.)

=======================================

A new BTM article has just been published by Dr Srinjoy Saha from the Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Kolkata, India.

• Saha S.

Tissue-engineered minimalistic reconstruction of a severely crushed fingertip.

Journal of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine. 2023; 19(1):13–17.

https://doi.org/10.46582/jsrm.1901003

This article reports the clinical treatment and outcomes for a patient who presented with a severely crushed right-dominant ring finger following an industrial accident.

The treatment involved the off-label use of NovoSorb foam layers, as well as the use of NovoSorb BTM.

The palmar soft-tissues and fingertip of this patient were destroyed completely, leaving the remaining bone and finger joint exposed. The nail plate was also avulsed from the traumatised underlying nail bed.

To develop new granulations over exposed bone, platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) injections were prepared and injected into the wound. NovoSorb BTM was applied and delaminated after 6 weeks revealing good restoration of soft-tissue volume over the sides.

The main soft-tissue bulk that forms the pulp of the finger was absent. Instead, the bone was covered by only a thin epithelialized layer. To provide additional fingertip volume, the surgeon removed the sealing membrane from the NovoSorb BTM and applied two layers of NovoSorb foam over the thin layer of soft tissue. Finally, standard NovoSorb BTM was applied on the palmar aspect of the finger and the nail bed.

Clinical review at 6 months showed that the regenerated finger appeared mostly identical to the opposite side. It was fully functional and looked a lot like the opposite finger, with well- developed nails. However, due to the loss of bony length caused by the initial trauma, the tip was shortened. The patient

performed all normal activities successfully. In addition, the regenerated finger pulp enabled him to type normally on any computer.

This article is for shareholder interest only as the use is off label.

Regards,

David Williams

Level 29, 55 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000

T + 61 3 9246 4203 M + 61 414 383 593 

dwilliams@kidder.com.au  www.kidder.com.au

mikebrisy
12 months ago

Just a further note about the article.

The author works at Apollo Hospitals, the largest private hospital operator and healhcare provider in India. Clearly, the opinion leaders are engaged, using BTM and publishing their research.

This bodes well for the India rollout.

It is also worth noting that, given that treatment with BTM will be a relatively high-cost procedure in a market with, overall, a lower ability to pay, the private chains will be important customers.

To give a sense of the scale of Apollo, I pulled the following off their annual report.

58d68f60f8cb4c767294df7c86137910970143.png