Forum Topics DVP DVP Business Model/Strategy

Pinned straw:

Straw deleted
Slideup
12 months ago

@edgescape, I just watched the presentation recording and it was quite an impressive talk. I have been following from a distance but didn't have a good enough handle on the total picture to jump yet. I have been very impressed with the Cu numbers they have been releasing at Woodlawn and yesterdays 75m @ 2.1% Cu and from the talk its 60m true width at 3% Cu equivalent is a lot of copper near the surface. It was also good to hear that they are confident in their funding, as I was expecting this would need some cap raises to get it going. Good explanation of the purpose of the contract mining section with them seeing this limited to only 2-3 big contracts to give them cashflow and importantly give their own mining team experience for their own projects.

The big ones that I took out from this is that they have the company culture working well, they have the mining expertise covered and they are confident they can get good value debt funding to restart Woodlawn. If it wasn't Bill Beament you would say he was a bit arrogant and over-confident but given what he did with NST you feel like you just need to back him, let him and the team overcome any obstacles and let them deliver on their 5 yr plan.

He definately knows how to tell a story. A real contrast to some of the other presenters who were really trying to sell their projects and justify how they are undervalued. Whereas Bill Beament was more like we are over here doing this really cool thing, come on over if you want to support us, but no biggie to us if you dont. Good to hear that they don't see cap raises required.

if anyone wants to watch it the sessions are recorded and are available here

edgescape
12 months ago

@Slideup Bill is definitely one of the most talented presenters out there. Very slick and to the point without bull. And also without talking too much and beating round the bush. Although on the rare occasion he may slip up and sound a bit arrogant as you mentioned .

Even if you are not interested in DVP, you can definitely learn a thing or two on how Bill speaks and what makes a confident leader. Then compare his style against the rest on the ASX! I've listened to quite a few transcripts and strawman recordings and can't find anyone that comes close.

Of course there will be some here who disagree or have a bit of grude on Bill.

I would also rank Dr Christian Behrenbruch (Telix) and Mark Clark (Capricorn Metals) close to Bill as well.