Forum Topics CAT CAT FY2023 Results

Pinned straw:

Last edited one year ago

A very solid result from Catapult. I wont repeat all the key figures (see here for the details), and @jcmleng and others have already provided a great overview. But some key highlights include:

ACV came in pretty much on my expectations at 20.2% YoY growth. H2 was the highest growth in ACV on record.

EBITDA was -US$11m, compared to my estimate of -US$15-20m.

Positive operating cash flow, and by a decent margin, showing a 40% improvement. They remain on track for +'ve FCF in FY24. Based on H2 cash outflows, the first half of FY23 would have been +'ve, as the business has reduced fixed costs by $US3.6m.

Churn at record low of 3.8%

Margins very much moving in the right direction -- variable costs now 56% of revenues compared with 68% in previous H2. Importantly, fixed costs were 47% of revenue (58% pcp) and CAT said "the absolute cost of G&A can now support the business at scale and is expected to rise modestly"

At an inflection point, with every incremental dollar of revenue expected to generate a 30% profit margin.

Video has just <3% penetration among the Pro segment. Lots of cross sell opportunity, and this product set has the highest gross margins (90%).

Existing Pro customers increased the spend by 6.8%

Of course, while companies love to focus on EBITDA, depreciation costs are very real (about $20m per year), and NPAT was -$US30m. Still this is a story of two halves -- NPAT for H2 was -US$8.9m thanks to a US$26m improvement in fixed costs and better gross margins.

Turnaround thesis is on track.

Held.

NewbieHK
one year ago

I am both excited and disappointed by these numbers. Excited because there appears to be a very profitable business showing signs of coming through, but, disappointed when I think about where the business could have been. If anything it reinforces to me the importance of good management. By that I don’t mean passionate individuals with an idea, but, the types of managers with the experience and know how to operate and grow a business.

JPPicard
one year ago

If a PE firm bought them, they would rip these straight off within days.

A few of my mates work at software companies that have been purchased by PE recently and all of them have told me no share based comp.