Forum Topics VHT VHT ASX Announcements

Pinned straw:

Last edited 11 months ago

New contract announcement with BreastScreen Victorian, adding to major Australian customers.

Highlights:

• Five-year contract is for A$1.4M (NZ$1.53M1) in Total Contract Value (TCV)

• Contract includes Volpara® AnalyticsTM, artificial intelligence (AI) quality software that

assesses every mammogram image for appropriate positioning, compression, and radiation

dose

• BreastScreen Victoria, a public screening programme in Australia, diagnoses 37% of all

breast cancers in Victoria

I don’t recall $VHT’s threshold for an "elephant", but I’m pretty sure this counts as one. This adds to a good clip of significant contracts this year. Keep it up.

Note BreastScreen Australia is the national breast screening program, jointly funded by the Commonwealth and States and Territories. This adds to the SA and QLD parts of the program, so potentially there are still some other material jurisdictions that could potentially follow.

I also note Terri’s comment in the recent SM meeting about using the initiative in Norway to try and crack into the national screening programs in Europe. Good coverage in what is Australia’s national screening program would no doubt help credential that push. Good to see momentum here.

Disc: Held IRL and SM

Strawman
11 months ago

Agreed @mikebrisy -- great to see another strong win and continued sales momentum, especially given cost cuts.

It usually feels reckless to simply extrapolate the pace of sales growth -- let alone assume even faster growth off an already high level -- but expanding reputable reference sites, and digging deeper into established workflows, really does provide a potent tailwind in the medical sector ("no one got fired for choosing IBM"). One that *can* run longer and harder than seems reasonable -- which is why (over a long enough timeframe) you can do extremely well even if shares are ostensibly on very high multiples. Especially when you factor in an effective scaling of the business, and therefore even faster earnings growth, when the company is an inflection point.

The hard part is that this situation is the exception to the rule. But Volpara does seem to be showing some real promise..