Forum Topics PNV PNV ASX Announcements

Pinned straw:

Straw deleted
Rick
12 months ago

I agree with your comments @mikebrisy. I think the reason for the trading halt was to work out how to use the figures to best manipulate the graph and deceive investors. The ‘y’ axis represents cherry picked record sales months and the ‘x’ axis represents ‘cherry picked’ intervals to give the illusion there is steady accelerating sales growth. I like the use of graphs, but not when they are purposely manipulated to deceive people.

Having got that off my chest, It’s great to see a record sales month. You could conclude from the record sales months of June 21 ($3.3 million) and May 23 ($7.2 million), that CAGR for sales has been roughly 50%. Although when all you have is cherry picked data it is difficult to determine this accurately.

a531f67051803f5061433cc455dc78f2fbdfc6.jpeg

Disc: Held SM (4%)

NewbieHK
12 months ago

Yes. I am not sure why they just didn’t show all months and then use a trend line. Someone quickly glancing might not notice the uneven data interval distribution along the X axis. I want to take a position in PNV, but, as mentioned by others the reporting quirks by management means it remains on the watchlist for the time being.

Slomo
12 months ago

Agree with @mikebrisy, @Rick and @NewbieHKon this obvious (why do it??) manipulation of data.

Such a missed opportunity to be transparent when telling a really good story.

As mentioned here before I am out of PNV as I don't trust the board / management.

That's not to say he can't be trusted, it just that for me trust needs to be earned over time, not assumed and then chipped away over time.

I hope PNV does well but I also hope their overly promotional Chair moves on like he has at other promising toys he has discarded when he loses interest.

Great Aussie story and genuinely life-changing tech for patients, but for me that's just interesting, and missing too many other ingredients to be a potentially rewarding investment.

We all have our own strategy which is as much about what you won't do.

For the backstory on chair's involvement in this business have a look at this 2020 IV on how he made money floating the company and ended up becoming one of it's largest shareholders for free ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MiHWqJqCQ&feature=youtu.be

Nice work if you can get it