Forum Topics CXL CXL Investor Presentation

Pinned straw:

Added 11 months ago

NWR Vantage Point Conference

Key takeaways from the presentation and following Q&A

• Leilac - FID for several companies in the pipeline are waiting for the Leilac 2 proof of operation in 2025.
  • Leilac licence opportunities in the works in the near term. Cemex & several others
  • Zesty - Targeting 30tpa plant FEED by end of the year (Previously indicated as H1FY24). Capital costs for construction of the demonstration plant will be ~$30m. Options for this are ongoing ARENA funding or looking at the sale of equity in Zesty similar to the LEILAC business.
  • Zesty - Testing multiple ores, every major ore producer has sent a product for testing which has extended the testing program through to the end of Q1FY24, with the objective to achieve the same metalisation as the initial tests.
  • Site selection for the Zesty demonstration plant will be determined by access to ore, green power and hydrogen… Fortescue Future Industries anyone?
  • Pilbra Minerals JV FID update sounded positive and likely to be announced in June.
  • Other applications may look at the same LEILAC equity sale model.

0fb15a0cf27531b0135769badd0ededd474a2b.jpeg

edgescape
11 months ago

Also still no word on FID for JV with Pilbara Minerals or Leilac MOUs which were expected to come through some time end of FY23. Which is 2 weeks away.

Investing in CXL has always been about sticking to timelines just like Telix Pharmaceuticals. As an example when Telix did not receive the EU approval, the share price fell nearly 50% and the CEO had to go into damage control. So I understand why a majority of investors here and outside Strawman would not look at Telix and instead look at something more predictable.

I predict the same thing will probably happen with CXL if there is no news.

CXL is really just another biotech dressed up as an industrial.

Best to wait and see instead.

In hindsight I should have sold when it went north of $7.

Having said that, I have a tolerance for these sort of setbacks especially for new stuff like this.

[held]

Bradbury
11 months ago

I've recently been trying to put a value on Calix, and there's a wide range of potential outcomes depending on how conservative you want to be with the timelines on the LEILAC carbon capture projects. The Pilbra Minerals FID is the biggest catalyst for a step change in revenue, with around $80m p.a potential from the demonstration plant starting in CY25 based on the project getting FID approval on the current timelines. So I agree that having the demonstration plant green lit is a critical item for Calix.

After that, with the FID & construction of the commercial LEILAC projects only starting after LEILAC 2 has come online and demonstrated successful outcomes, I don't believe any short term delays in reaching MoUs in this space will impact overall timelines. I think the bigger risk in this area outside of technology risk is the delivery timelines around construction and commissioning of the LEILAC 2 plant.

I haven't found Calix management to be too bad with target time frame announcements, if anything the biggest misses have been with the IER division. Like you said, with Calix being a technology company with revenues and profits to match the market cap a long way on the horizon, the sentiment for the company is heavily based on the ongoing news stream and hitting targets.