Forum Topics CXO CXO Industry/competitors

Pinned straw:

Added 10 months ago

Interesting bubble chart. CXO in top right corner

Source: https://twitter.com/_H00PZ

baa11d4b0604f51c47f051b5641b8df3bf1f92.png

Rudyboy
10 months ago

Meant to say, Core is a spodumene producer which is a fair degree easier jump to production, with a Chinese customer. All of that is good, but the real deal is taking it from the ground and converting to Lithium Hydroxide, a jump that Tianqi and Albemarle are in. Tianqi now runs continuously for a couple of weeks before something goes wrong. They are getting there but its a new frontier and they have made all the mistakes that the lucky few will hopefully learn from.

Rudyboy
10 months ago

Tony has a colourful past and a fair few haters, but during the current year has kicked some fantastic goals which should be seen as what you would invest in.

As they say in America, we don't trust you with our money till you've been bankrupt.

Rudyboy
10 months ago

Lithium how small is too small how big is worldclass (062023).pdf

This is from Euroz and is their valuation method for Lithium companies.

Unfortunately neither this nor the bubble chart mentions EUR, but I have my own clear idea on that.

Note that there is a big technical/water risk and cost difference for brine and of course if your in Africa then the Prince of wherever or Mr Wagner can own your mine tomorrow after you disappear.

I have a feeling that some spodumene companies won't go the full hog and build a hydroxide plant which will give people building them a great opportunity to bring on more process trains and convert for third parties. The EUR JV in Saudi has a front row seat on that possibility with cost and simpler approval process and ultra cheap finance from PIF.

edgescape
10 months ago

I can't answer why EUR is not on the chart. The straw is specifically to visualise CXO against its peers which appears expensive. But bear in mind that CXO has excellent infrastructure with the operations sitting close to the Port of Darwin so it is valued as such.

I don't know much about EUR (and probably that should be on the appropriate forum and not here) but I do know that Tony Sage is a fairly colourful character.