Forum Topics ERD ERD Takeover

Pinned straw:

Added 10 months ago

NZSA is recommending a partial takeover.

Interesting perspective here, though it still seems like a less probable outcome - https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/scrip-article/eroad-could-a-partial-takeover-offer-be-the-best-outcome-for-all/

It is giving me pause for thought though. Thoughts, others?

thunderhead
10 months ago

The shares are in a trading halt now pending the board's response to the takeover offer. I didn't sell (my order didn't get filled over the past week or so) - I sure hope they work constructively and realise the best possible price.

thunderhead
10 months ago

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the first offer has been rebuffed by the board on the grounds of "material" undervaluation (where have we heard that before?).

The price is still holding up for the time being. For those watching, what do you think?

AUROPAL
10 months ago

The market clearly thinks an improved offer will be forthcoming as the SP is up after the return to trade.

This is the outcome I was hoping for as well and so held onto my shares. Can't claim any great foresight just though that Volaris are so invested they'd at least have something left up their sleeve.

actionman
10 months ago

IMHO if the takeover is dropped then you are back down to $.77 and there is the possibility of a capital raise down the track if they can’t go cashflow positive. We are in a recessionary environment and transport is leveraged to the economy so you could be waiting for a few years before anything higher than this offer is realised.