Forum Topics DRO DRO ASX Announcements

Pinned straw:

Straw deleted
Summer12
10 months ago

So true @Noddy74,

What bothers me, and I have heard Andrew say it on so many occasions, their is a huge difference between shares purchased and and Shares Issued as part of a remuneration package. I feel like this is just pocketing the cash because they can.

Rudyboy
10 months ago

Kind of odd you would sell off such a large % for, I am guessing, a $500k after tax amount. Maybe a tax bill needing paid, barring that go to a bank and get a loan.

$500k is of course a lot of money for many, but for a CEO, not exactly life changing. Oleg earned over $500k in 2021 plus share based remuneration, so a bit of a worry.

Summer12
10 months ago

I understand that everyone has differing financial obligations, however very disappointed in management for this reduction in their holdings.

disc hold

Noddy74
10 months ago

The sale of shares by Oleg and Peter James feels a bit deja vu-ish. If you remember back they both sold a significant number of shares earlier this year. One of our members - I forget his name but I think it rhymes with Shoddy - wrote at the time that the timeline of that sale was a bit stinky too. They'd just announced back-to-back significant orders, but prior to that had released an update (as a price sensitive announcement) that didn't seem to have a lot new in it. Just weeks after they sold, and before releasing any further significant announcements, they did a cap raise. To be fair they did participate in the raise but immaterial relative to what they sold. Fast forward a few months and they've gone and sold another big chunk immediately after announcing a new DoD contract. It's got a bit of pong on it I reckon...

I did own a bit of DRO earlier in the year and I still think it's a company with a real product that customers want and has good prospects, but I can't own a company that has management that appear to trade around announcements. It makes me question the value and purpose of the announcements themselves.

nerdag
10 months ago

@Noddy74, yes agree, it does have a bit of a pump and dump feel to it.

Stil holding, but not adding.

Rocket6
10 months ago

Something to be wary of for those that didn't see: an after market announcement dropped today, Oleg and another director sold down significant personal holdings. Not a great look for a company currently enjoying a lot of success and traction in their field.

I remain a holder, but a more sceptical one. I am also a little disappointed that they both included unvested performance options in their categorisation of 'total holdings', regarding what percentage of shares they sold. For instance Oleg's announcement suggested he sold down 18% of his holdings, but this figure is actually somewhere around 40% when you remove the unvested performance options. Selling down such a significant portion is already bad enough -- don't then try and pull cheeky figures out of your backside to suit your agenda! Rant over.