Forum Topics CCP CCP Credit Corp Group FY23 Media

Pinned straw:

Added 9 months ago

NPAT fell by 5 per cent over the prior year to $91.3 million. While lending segment earnings grew strongly, the impact was offset by continued run-off in the core AU/NZ debt buying business and costs arising from increased US resourcing.

f25024e9f9fc82761755b814d8124a83cfd089.png

Conclusion:

FY23 earnings were 5% lower on FY22, as rising wage costs and lower labour productivity more than offset a 15% growth in revenue. Nonetheless, the results were in line with consensus expectations. However, management's FY24 earnings guidance is ~10% below consensus expectation.

Share price reaction down ~ 11% ...Good for ones looking to purchase some more.

961436c722643a9bd0598fe746fd9a047307d7.png

raymon68
9 months ago

lankpom, Oh which compounders on you're list.

CCP: languishing in recent times maybe out off the 'compounders list "

Return (inc div) 1yr: -11.69% 3yr: 5.42% pa 5yr: 1.45% pa

Vs

CPU: Has performed : ROE looks a better trend

Return (inc div) 1yr: 1.78% 3yr: 27.06% pa 5yr: 10.00% pa

an ability to raise subscriptions

MMS, SIQ,

Insurance

SDF: Return (inc div) 1yr: 11.75% 3yr: 23.39% pa 5yr: 18.01% pa

SDF Steadfast Group Limited (SDF) provides services to steadfast Network brokers, distribution of insurance policies via insurance brokerages and underwriting agencies, and related services

Maybe Staples WOW,COL,

noted: BBN has been a been a shocker. Maybe they turn around

raymon68
9 months ago

lankpom, Oh which compounders on you're list.

CCP: languishing in recent times maybe out off the 'compounders list "

Return (inc div) 1yr: -11.69% 3yr: 5.42% pa 5yr: 1.45% pa

Vs

CPU: Has performed : ROE looks a better trend

Return (inc div) 1yr: 1.78% 3yr: 27.06% pa 5yr: 10.00% pa

an ability to raise subscriptions

MMS, SIQ,

Insurance

SDF: Return (inc div) 1yr: 11.75% 3yr: 23.39% pa 5yr: 18.01% pa

SDF Steadfast Group Limited (SDF) provides services to steadfast Network brokers, distribution of insurance policies via insurance brokerages and underwriting agencies, and related services

Maybe Staples WOW,COL,

noted: BBN has been a been a shocker. Maybe they turn around

lankypom
9 months ago

I've held CCP for almost a decade, and viewed them as a low-risk compounder, but with the latest disappointing result I no longer have any conviction that this company has a meaningful growth opportunity ahead of it. The narrow moat that is theoretically afforded by its operating scale and efficiency does not seem to translating to growing profit. Maybe it is enough to keep them in business whilst competitors like Collection House fall by the wayside. But it is not enough to keep me as an investor. I don't think that a business which is benefiting from the financially distressed sits comfortably in my portfolio. I see more attractive opportunities in businesses which are providing a societal benefit, Resmed coming to mind at the moment.

So after a long relationship, sadly I'm out.

thunderhead
9 months ago

Good call @lankypom. Always tough to let go of a business that you have held for such a long time, especially if it has been a stellar performer.

I did it for a couple recently myself, and it was difficult.

Solvetheriddle
9 months ago

@lankypom fair enough, these are the top operators in their segment but it is not always a growth segment and long term probably GDP + a bit. they are rational and will refuse grwoth if it comes at a poor returns. like we see now. US really still WIP, imo. my view im a buyer much lower levels but you are right probably better compounders out there. imo