Forum Topics NDQ NDQ Risks

Pinned straw:

Last edited 9 months ago

0b9ddf4a5f24322d635f00af9b2412f8344686.gif

Mike Burry reckons it’s a sell apparently…

[news.com.au article]

thunderhead
9 months ago

I would put people like him on ignore. You need to follow people who share your mindset and time horizon. If you’re strong and in it for the long-term, you can skip right past all the noise in the interim.

edgescape
9 months ago

My favourite part about the nasdaq and sp500 is how at the opening they get sold off.

Then once Europe and UK stops trading, both the Nasdaq and SPY manage to recover the losses. It is like some mysterious whale appears to gobble up the sellers and reassure the market.

If only we can trade that via the IVV ETF here!

thunderhead
9 months ago

This kind of action is usually characteristic of bull markets too. Strong closes.

Of course, after the massive run up especially in the Naz this year, some sort of correction wouldn't be out of the ordinary. It's healthy even.

PabloEskyBruh
9 months ago

Personally, I think he is wrong and he is just demonstrating how we all revert to the mean…I have IRL holdings in NDQ which I have no intention of getting out of for a couple of decades.

86f731135f57a263203ce34c10552bda014044.gif

Rocket6
9 months ago

@PabloEskyBruh I second that, I currently have more than 15% of my superannuation fund in NDQ. This speaks for itself in terms of my conviction. The only thing I would emphasise is a long term focus -- NDQ will be more volatile than most (in both directions). I think tech will outperform the market over a period spanning more than a decade and that is the primary reason for my conviction.

TPI1
9 months ago

Yep, I have the same view and have >10% in my SMSF in NDQ. With a 10-20+ year timeframe, exposure to global technology without having to stock pick the next Tesla or Nvidia makes sense to me.

NewbieHK
9 months ago

It’s hard to keep up. Earlier in the year he was saying sell, then it changed to no I was wrong to say sell to now it’s a sell again. In saying that considering the recent big run up putting a sell (short) on the US markets would not seem like a silly call for a “trader”. Especially as much of it has come from half a dozen+ stocks. Add to that the significant geopolitical risk factors pertaining to overall debt levels. Now watch the US market go on a 20% run. Ha ha ha

DrPete
9 months ago

Can someone with knowledge of shorting please explain what Burry is doing here. Is he all in on shorting or is he just using the options as a hedge/insurance against other long holdings?