Forum Topics LOV LOV Financials

Pinned straw:

Added 8 months ago

A couple of Lovisa hi-lights

Lovisa have reported their results for the year. Good numbers showing 30% revenue growth and 16% NPAT growth but it has slowed from when compared to the first half year when we had 44% revenue growth and 22% NPAT growth. Still they achieved almost $600m in sales and $68m in NPAT. Cashflow was a whopping $188m.

The market will be focused on the outlook. The first 7 weeks shows a decline on 5.8% in like for like sales but total sales are up 13%. It proves that LOV can continue to grow even in depressed spending environments.

Certainly not a disaster as a couple of analysts were alluding to, so it will be interesting to see how the market reacts.

Investor call at 10.30 for those that are interested.

mikebrisy
8 months ago

@LifeCapital nice summary!

I took at RL position in $LOV earlier this year for four reasons: 1) compelling store-level unit economics 2) some great retailers on Board and Management Team 3) track record in executing truly global growth, and early in that journey so lots of runway ahead and 4) share price hit given macro-headwinds.

In late 2022/ early2023 I couldn't see a strong enough return at $24-25, but when it fell earlier in the year to c. $19, I pounced with an initial position.

This is one retailer I want a much larger holding of, so if the market disappointment at today's slight miss and negative LFL outlook pushes it down, I will definitely be loading up.

Jumping on the call now.

Disc: Held in RL (1.5%)