Forum Topics BRN BRN ASX Announcements

Pinned straw:

Added 8 months ago

Brainchip today announced their 2023 Half Year Report - Here

Highlights (lowlights?)

• Revenue down to $115,606
  • Expenses up 30%
  • Net Loss of $17,146,781
  • Cash & equivalents of $21,824,785 (1 half remaining at current run rate)

The CEO is claiming that the focus on 2nd gen architecture is leaving customers to wait until the official release before placing orders. How accurate is this? No idea. I get that they are paving the path in this space but if it was that revolutionary you'd think that the orders would be flying through the doors. Until investors see some significant revenue coming through the door this trend is not going to stop.

Share's are now down 87% from the highs and my old straw is here to haunt me.

e4c2203c8434eee799d3d906743b1bac8cccdd.png

b4353b49bd4ed0b7ec1962af2c6b5ce0010900.png

Strawman
8 months ago

Don't beat yourself up @CHill, I cant tell you how often I cringe when I look at some of the stuff I wrote in the past. Hopefully a sign of growth and not just hindsight bias!

I love your honesty though, and reposting your Straw from 2 years ago is a sign of a healthy ego in my opinion.

I haven't looked at the latest results, but if there is genuine progress at least the value proposition is more compelling now. Amazing to think the company hit over $3b in market cap at one point.

RhinoInvestor
8 months ago

It’s probably little solace, but I reckon they might be able to stretch their cash assets for a year (rather than a half) given the extraordinary amount of stock issued to 3rd parties and the whole former director mess (in the prior period) is hopefully something they can resist moving forward.

Clearly another capital raise on the horizon for this mob though and further dilution. I was really hoping to see revenue at least matching the prior year and now the can has been kicked down the road to their Gen 2 Akida “coming out soon” (which leaves little hope of a large revenue ramp up any time soon as customers reset their evaluation processes before deciding whether they will build end products containing these chips).

Devalued so much now it will barely recover brokerage (so I’ll leave it in the portfolio as a reminder of important lessons). Luckily I bought it in a basket of Semi-conductor stuff about a year ago when I was on a rampage against thematic ETFs (that basket contained Nvidia and some other proper semiconductor companies so its not that bad for me).

DISC: Held IRL and Strawman