Forum Topics DDR DDR #FY23HYUpdate

Pinned straw:

Added 8 months ago

I just got off the call for the HY update and feel very positive about the next couple of years given the way Vlad broke down the business performance by segment. As previously noted there was a marked decline on the PC side of the business (which makes sense given the covid boom), but this was offset by big jumps in areas with better margins ie software and DAS.

The upcoming retirement of Windows10 support by Microsoft and the next refresh cycle to support compute power required for AI adoption - ongoing digital tranformation, cybersecurity focus etc - looks like some very nice tail winds.

thunderhead
8 months ago

Looks like the market shares your sentiment!

Karmast
8 months ago

Yes it was a good update and result for the half. I continue to be a happy holder and believe the upside they focused on in NZ, Security and Cyber markets all sounds realistic.

What to watch - COO Vlad talked about "him" or "me" a lot in the update. I like his confidence but I do hope he understands its a team approach and he needs a team to deliver on the potential for the business.

Solvetheriddle
8 months ago

there are several US companies calling the cycle to turn late thsi year or early next, it has been a severe one in historic terms. Vlad is a promoter which i dont like but you just have to verify his statements usually he is right in direction if not degree, imo. the cycle will turn and the pricing in this stock is good compared to others. disc i established a positon in DDR during the call yesterday. the debt did worry me but appears to have peaked. IT is also relatively short cycle so upgrades will come imo