Forum Topics TVL TVL Business Model/Strategy

Pinned straw:

Straw deleted
RhinoInvestor
12 months ago

~63m Cash in the bank from latest NTA report is higher than ~59m market cap.

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02696917-3A623230?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

So one could argue that you are getting the stable of investments for $0 and the stock is cheap. I wonder if there is any upside on any of the portfolio companies from their current $60m valuations.

The only downside to that argument is if the venture fund torches the other $60m on its next rounds of investment. In their defence, a 2020/2021 vintage is particularly hard in VC with the big market reset on listed growth stocks equally hitting VC funds.

loshell
12 months ago

Know nothing about the companies in their stable except Sendle which I interact with regularly as a parcel recipient and occasionally as a parcel sender.

From a customer's perspective, Sendle seems like a great little business and I would have thought it was doing ok, but surprised to see the carrying value is below half the invested capital... tough times!

Mujo
12 months ago

Agree seen sendle around too, I think some of the investment do have value as they've sold a few.

I don’t think any of it will be recognised on the ASX until it’s sold and cash though, so will trade at a persistent discount. It’s really just take management word for the value as there’s no cash flows to look at and no dividends.

Mujo
10 months ago

Now at a $47M market cap with $63.1M in cash and $48.8M in 'supposed' investments. Market clearly doesn't believe the investments are worth anything and management will just burn through the rest - 25% discount to cash backing - how cheap can it get!