Forum Topics SYM SYM Acquisition Proposal

Pinned straw:

Last edited 7 months ago

Now things are getting interesting.

Aussie Broadband has waded into the waters with a 75/25 cash/scrip default offer, valuing SYM at $3.15, with the option for the Symbio board to declare a special dividend that will release an additional 15c in franking credits.

So this could be the start of a bidding battle - I wonder if this is as good as it will get for SYM shareholders?

Disc.: ABB and SYM held.

thunderhead
7 months ago

@Valueinvestor0909 - Would love your views on the ongoing state of play with SYM, and what you are doing with your holding. Thank you.

@thunderhead. I am not doing anything. just holding on to it. hoping that a bidding war between $SLC and $ABB brings the share price closer to $4 -- if that fails, My view of the $SYM hasn't changed at all - I still think that $SYM probably on its own can grow sustainably in the future if the acquisition doesn't go through.

If you look at the superficial level $SYM looks like an ordinary business, but underneath it has gone through a significant investment cycle in the last 3-4 years and is ripe for growth in the next 3-4 years without dilution.

If it has to be taken over then I would prefer it to be taken over by $ABB rather than $SLC ( I rate $ABB management highly than $SLC). I haven't done a deep dive on $ABB or $SLC.

thunderhead
7 months ago

Thank you @Valueinvestor0909. As a holder of $ABB too, I would like if they don’t overpay for the acquisition, even though it would benefit me with my SYM position.

ABB is a much larger holding of course.

Remorhaz
7 months ago

+ An article in Livewire on the bidding for SYM by SLC and ABB

Is this ASX small cap set for a bidding war?

BoredSaint
7 months ago

This is just my personal view but I’d much rather hold ABB shares than SLC. I think this could be the start of a bidding war and I hope ABB are the winners in the end.

Disc: Currently hold SYM, don’t hold any ABB or SLC at current

thunderhead
7 months ago

No doubt about that, and that's my real life position too, though ABB is kind of fully valued at these levels.