Forum Topics JAN JAN CEO gone

Pinned straw:

Added 7 months ago

I've always been disappointed on how this company communicates. A lot numbers engineering (swapping around divisions, dividing things into core and non-core, etc, etc) and opaqueness.

This is a new low. Slipped it into a non-price sensitive AGM chairman's address

4e40a5943a14ec57a855a7e38c555ca04832cf.png

Solvetheriddle
7 months ago

@mushroompanda yes i noted some "tension" in past preso's with JAN, almost a disbelief the market wasnt catching on.. always strikes me odd when the chairperson appears in preso's. absolutely not a normal process going on here. disclosure weird

Byrnesty
7 months ago

@Solvetheriddle Could cut and paste this comment into a Polynovo (PNV) forum thread.

lankypom
7 months ago

Agree 100% @mushroompanda .

The AGM slide deck is full of selective reporting of results, like 'core revenue up 27%,', when overall revenue in Q1 is up a more pedestrian 5% on PCP. And there is no mention of the CEO 'transition' in the slide deck only in the accompanying message from the founder. The fact that a new CEO hasn't yet been appointed suggests this isn"t a managed transition at all. David Caspari has only been in post for 2.5 years, and only last month he had performance rights maturing with the result he now has a million shares, so if he has decided to bugger off for greener pastures that is not a good look.

Janison frustrate the hell out of me. They have a terrific, market leading capability in online assessments , a growing roster of blue chip clients and are even making a small profit, but the big time always seems to be a few years off. Maybe the AI bubble will be a stimulus for increased growth - the company clearly recognises the value of its many years of assessment data that it can feed into a domain-specfic large language model, which should open up some new revenue opportunities.

I still have high conviction in the company but boy do they need some more forthright communication and some more inspiring leadership.