Forum Topics XF1 XF1 FY24 cost and revenue

Pinned straw:

Added 8 months ago

From the comment in their annual report

b3348e97a65cc9d85c4beb34bb0f0057d30979.png

I think their cash generation ability in advance and good cash balance currently will make sure they are fine. However, to get share price momentum, revenue needs to catch up with the cost increase - which I think will be a little difficult in FY24 based on economic conditions as well if they are migrating to a subscription-based model - that will hide their revenue. so I think the long-term story is intact but I wouldn't be very hopeful in the near term.

Economic outlook

3e788dbf356377b841ceaa931f7d57770f7eee.png

and company's focus:

d9ae24f8b20a4212f7883382e1a6293dc6346a.png

Noddy74
6 months ago

I agree with you @Valueinvestor0909 - the doubling down on the investment was really jarring. I think if the Board make an announcement like that it is incumbent on them to explain very clearly the justification for it and I don't think they made that case. Lee gave some examples of where the money would go and though the developments he described made sense I fear they are throwing money at every niche idea that a customer suggests they might want. They're just not in a financial position to do that anymore.

I'd already sold some a few months back. I sold the majority of what I still owned at the open this morning (for some reason the stock actually opened up before getting smashed later in the day). In a couple of years time the Board may be proved right to double down and load up on debt. But even if they are I think I can still be right to sell the majority of my remaining holding. The two decisions are not mutually exclusive.

[Holding a starter position now, more on SM and today it's probably fallen to a level that better reflects the risk so I may leave that as is for now]

Wini
6 months ago

Big red flag that ARR was not disclosed after saying at the FY23 report that the key focus moving into FY24 was growing ARR.

edgescape
6 months ago

Spending more in order to boost the ARR so it reaches the forecast is how I'm reading the snippet. Not the best way to do it though in my opinion.

Or maybe it should have been worded "differently"?