Forum Topics DRO DRO #Dubai Airshow 2023

Pinned straw:

Added 6 months ago

Yesterday, I had the incredible opportunity to attend the Dubai Airshow, where Droneshield showcased its cutting-edge technology at the Australian pavilion. The presence of CEO Oleg Vornik and Business Development Manager Louis Gamarra added a personal touch to the event as they openly interacted with the enthusiastic crowd. As a shareholder, I had the privilege of engaging in a detailed conversation with Louis for nearly an hour, gaining valuable insights into the business.

The exhibition featured the impressive DroneGun Mk4 and RFPatrol Mk2, both meticulously manufactured in Australia. It was emphasized that every component is sourced locally to comply with regulations for sales to Five Eyes countries and others. Their commitment to security was evident, with a keen interest in understanding the background of those exploring their products, particularly if they appeared to be Chinese nationals. This vigilance took on added significance when later in the day, I discovered another company, Skyfend (https://www.skyfend.com), with a seemingly identical product line to Droneshield. Interestingly, this Chinese company exhibited products strikingly similar to those of Droneshield. Below Pictures I took of SkyFend Pavilion at 2023 Dubai Airshow

44a1fbdddebb44b2527d0dff4e27454393b65a.png

9abb8481606b1f31f0c4f5cfd03c90c97a49ba.png

In my inquiry about the differences between the two, the only response from the Skyfend representatives, who were Chinese nationals, was a claim that their product was superior. This raises intriguing questions that warrant further investigation. However, it's worth noting that Droneshield's strategic advantage lies in its accessibility to Five Eyes countries, and given the current global environment, Western countries may be hesitant to embrace Chinese technology in this sector. The competitive landscape promises to be a compelling area for future exploration.

To further underscore Droneshield's commitment to innovation, I learned that the company currently boasts a team of 85 full-time engineers. According to Louis, Droneshield is deeply entrenched in the realm of hardcore engineering, a testament to their dedication to pushing technological boundaries. During our conversation, he provided valuable insights into the intricacies of their technology. Notably, he mentioned that due to stringent regulations in Australia, they conduct their new tech testing exclusively in Virginia, USA.

One prevailing theme that emerged from our discussion was the apparent reluctance of many Western countries to swiftly acknowledge or address the evolving threat posed by drones. This hesitation underscores a substantial opportunity, particularly in safeguarding critical infrastructures such as airports. As the world grapples with the increasing sophistication of drone technology, Droneshield's expertise and forward-thinking approach position them as a key player in mitigating these emerging threats. The company's emphasis on rigorous engineering and global testing reflects a commitment to staying at the forefront of this rapidly evolving landscape.

NewbieHK
6 months ago

There are quite a few Anti-Drone system companies world-wide. Actually well over a 100 in my research, including names such as Dedrone, Epirus, Fortem Tech, SkySafe, CerbAir, D-fend Solutions, Regulus Cyber, WhiteFox Defence, AirSpace Systems. So it’s a competitive market.

However, the key really is the link and ability to get in with key defence markets. Drone Shields position within the 5 eyes markets and their allies has shown how well it’s been received. The growing revenues within this cohort holds it in a strong position when it comes to future sales, research funding and access to additional markets. As it collects more in field data this can only benefit the company further.

Of importance to note is the TAM is fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) large enough to ensure plenty of winners. Most sales I guess will end up coming vying countries alignments and allies.

Holder

jcmleng
6 months ago

@Magneto , those were really valuable insights, thank you for sharing!

Discl: Not holding, but having a closer look

Strawman
6 months ago

I'll second that @jcmleng

Great stuff @Magneto