Forum Topics RFT RFT Trading Halt

Pinned straw:

Added 5 months ago

From the announcement:

"Rectifier Technologies Ltd (‘Company’) requests an immediate trading halt pending an announcement regard to the appointment of an additional Australian resident Director."

Curious why this requires a trading halt.

LifeCapital
5 months ago

So it looks like the plan is to get rid of the Chairman, as the rest have resigned from the board not the company to be clear. The Chairman isn't involved in running the business, so this shouldn't affect the business operationally.

Its a mess, but if they can somehow get back control of the board and kick the chairman out, this should all be forgotten in a few months if the business performs well going forward.

Bear77
5 months ago

You are correct of course @LifeCapital - I have said below that they need to find a new CEO but that is NOT correct if the CEO has only quit the Board and not the company. So, as you say, perhaps it's just about the Board, and trying to remove the Chairman, who controls their largest shareholder (Pudu), and that hopefully the CEO and others who worked for RFT continue to work for RFT but are just no longer on the Board while Ying Ming Wang remains Chair. That is certainly a much better and more hopeful scenario.

Edit: Additional: @Wini - who was at their AGM today and stayed back afterwards to talk to the RFT executives about what had occurred - has cleared EVERYTHING up here just now.

Bushmanpat
5 months ago

@Strawman Can you arrange a meeting with, ...... Ah never mind.

mushroompanda
5 months ago

The OpenAI of the ASX

Bushmanpat
5 months ago

@mushroompanda Nailed it! Great analogy.

There could be a bit of "It's my bat and ball and I'm going home!" going here as well.

Bushmanpat
5 months ago

Breaking news. Yanbin Wang and Nigel Machin have stepped down!

Bushmanpat
5 months ago

@Bear77 So one non resident director has to appoint at least 2 Australian resident based directors before the trading halt can be lifted. Should be easy to get a quorum at that meeting! Is that how this works? Or does this have to go to an Extraordinary General Meeting?

Bear77
5 months ago

I think the Board can elect new "interim directors" who then have to stand for election at the next AGM - not sure how today's shenanigans affect that, in that today's AGM was a bit of a wash out by all accounts. It will be interesting to see if the ASX wants to probe the allegations made by the first three directors who quit about their serious concerns regarding corporate governance and also their serious concerns concerning a potential hostile shareholder. 

Not sure if a Board of just one overseas-based Director (who is also the Chairman) can appoint new directors however, considering the Board is not a compliant Board from the POV of ASX and ASIC.