Forum Topics CDA CDA Acquisitions

Pinned straw:

Last edited 5 months ago

29-Nov-2023: Codan have made an Acquisition-Announcement.PDF this morning. They are paying an upfront cash payment of $9.1 million plus additional payments of up to $12.2 million if certain earn-out targets are achieved over the next 3 years. The acquisition consideration will be funded from Codan’s existing debt facility, so there will be no CR.

Codan's wholly owned subsidiary, Domo Broadcast Holdings LLC, has entered into a binding agreement to acquire 100% of the shares of Wave Central LLC (Wave Central), with completion to occur on 1 December 2023. Wave Central’s founders and senior management have all joined Codan’s Tactical Communications Broadcast division, Domo Broadcast, and will remain in the Wave Central business. Wave Central is a leading North American systems integrator of wireless broadcast equipment and creates industry specific products integrated with Domo Broadcast’s technology for sports, cinema and broadcast applications. Their product portfolio consists primarily of wireless video camera links and high-quality broadcast products using core Domo Broadcast technology. Wave Central has been Domo Broadcast’s primary distribution channel into the North American market for 15 years.

This is another smart acquisition by a top-quality management team at Codan. As usual, the acquisition is small, it's a good fit, it adds capability within an area of core competency, and much of the acquisition cost is dependent on the acquired company continuing to perform within expectations as part of the larger Codan business. And, again, the people who built this company up are coming across with the company and will continue to run it.

The market seems a little unsure about this so far, based on the Codan share price movement today (no real strong move either way), but they have been in an upward trajectory lately, and I don't see this announcement derailing that uptrend in any way.

Another good acquisition!

Bear77
5 months ago

When I wrote that straw this morning Codan's SP was a couple of cents down after their latest acquisition announcement, but they closed +20 cps up (+2.36%) @ $8.68 this arvo, being another 12-month high, so given a few hours to examine the detail, the market has agreed with my assessment that this is another positive acquisition by a quality management team.

https://www.wavecentralrf.com/

cac77d7bc0d626c7184f11c600cf608191f5a6.png

Karmast
5 months ago

Yes agreed @Bear77

It looks like it will add a few percent to EPS growth for the year and is easily funded, not changing the debt to equity position much.

My takeaway from attending the AGM last month was we have a sensible and competent Board and management team at the moment. This acquisition seems consistent with that assessment.