Forum Topics AVA AVA UGL Contract

Pinned straw:

Added 5 months ago

This is a bit better -- a $2-3m contract with UGL Ltd for the groups Aura Ai-x product. It includes a 2 year support services agreement and is for a Sydney transportation project.

ASX announcement link here

158dd4c4f018869b748238b1d0f4ea659b21ba.png

Karmast
5 months ago

@Strawman I suspect what may have investors unwilling to drive up the AVA market cap in recent years is the longer term ups and downs of the business performance. I did own the stock prior to the divestment of the services division a couple of years ago. And I understand that sale has made long term comparisons harder.

If you look at the long term business performance it doesn't have the profile of a small cap that is really compounding upwards over time. Here is the snapshot of capital management, earnings per share and sales per share over the past 9 years -

6062cbace2832237f68757129dd2e6d63634c9.png

And here is the growth in share count over the same period and total company earnings and sales each year -

2864394b65edd0e38f066e4ffbd6a0416c693b.png

So while I get the past is not the future for the business and I am sure those following it more closely than I am have a view on that, to potential new shareholders looking at the business performance, it's not a track record that screams out "buy" at the moment.

I know there are plenty of smart strawman members who do own AVA, so I am hoping for a strong upward trend for you from here!

Hackofalltrades
5 months ago

It looks like someone might have sold into the news today.

1bc2fccb07a5fc16f8e9be52af8721f026da14.png

Bushmanpat
5 months ago

This is better! Just pondering out loud here, but the more the tech is used, the more it becomes self-perpetuating. I mean, people writing the specs for tenders such as the contract that UGL appears to have won with Transport NSW might once have written, "Tenderer is to install appropriate security measures to ensure the safety and security of the project site", they might now write, "Tenderer is to utilise a suitable perimeter detection system to ensure the safety and security...."

Disc: held in SM and RL.